Thursday 11 August 2011

After Effects Development


After importing all my images into my project panel, i then selected them all and dragged them onto the new composition icon. I then selected how long i would like to see each frame for and click okay. This then adds them all together and puts them in a sequence on your timeline ready to view.


This is how it looks when you've done this, all you need to do now is set the frame rate and you ready to play.
This is now a composition of its own so it will be much easier to work with as a pose to having a timeline full of pictures.


Next i created a new composition to the dimensions of PAL D1 Square Pixel. This brought me up a whole new composition but in the correct dimensions. Then i simply added the photo sequence composition onto the timeline of my new composition.


When shooting my animation i used a Digital SLR camera so the photos where huge, so after i added them to the timeline i selected my series of images and went to the transform menu, then scale and reduced the size of my work to 25% of the original size. This fitted perfectly in my correct area size.


 Next i came out of After Effects and entered an audio cutting program called Power Audio Cutter. This is the software i used to cut down my skateboarding sound effects so that they would be easier and more manageable to use in After Effects.


Here i have inserted the sound clip that i cut down and adjusted it to fit nicely on top of my movie clip.


After deciding that the clip was finished i then added it to the render queue and selected the appropriate setting for exporting it as a quicktime movie. I then made sure i checked the audio box because if i didnt after effects would not render my audio. When all was done i set it to render and waited for my clip to be finished.
I did this to all my individual clips.


There we have it, my clip played perfectly, I used this process on every one of my individual skate clips and then i shall import all the videos into a new composition and add my assigned soundtrack. 





No comments:

Post a Comment