Wednesday 10 August 2011

Camera Angles

Here i am just looking at different camera angles that professional photographers use.







A little secret that skateboarding photographers use is low camera angles, this make the obstacle that the athlete is using look bigger and enhances the look of the photograph. I shall incorporate this technique into my work when i shoot my animation.

I have also been looking at skateboard videos because that is ultimatly what mine is going to be but with animation. I have been concentrating on the way the cameraman follows the athlete, and how alot of single tricks are kept at a still low angle with the skateboarder coming towards the camera. I shall try and encorporate this into my animation. Here are just a few clips i have been looking at.

American
Sean Malto

Mike Mo Capaldi

British
Nick Jensen 


European
Lucas Puig

JB Gillet

After watching a lot of skateboard videos in my time i know a little about camera angles but after watching some examples of new videos i can see that the recipe hasnt changed, its just got crisper , cleaner and sharper. I love the way professional skateboarders are filmed and photographed. I think they all follow the same subtle style and i like that. Although my animation will be quicker and not quite as fluid as a piece of actual footage, i shall try my best to recreate and capture some of the camera angles and hopefully some of the magic.

No comments:

Post a Comment