Wednesday 10 August 2011

Concept

After thinking about my three words i started to link them into an idea for an animation, not only that but i also tried to link that idea with me so that i could already have the best possible knowledge on the subject due to experience.
I came up with the idea to recreate a short skateboard montage, as i have a lot of knowledge on both the physical part of it (such as doing it), and the visual part of it (capturing it through film or photography). I didn't want to just create a stereotypical skateboard animation so i did some research and thought back to times when i have been the filmer or photographer for my fellow skateboarders. 
A big part of skateboard advertising is involved in magazines, and obviously you cant put video in a magazine, so what the photographers do is capture a series of snapshots and arrange them in order to recreate the effect of movement. I am going to use these snapshots and maybe some of my own to create an animation. I shall cut out just the figure of each snapshot and use them accordingly in a stop motion animation. I am hoping all goes well and the trick they were doing in the magazine should be recreated but on a new, real life, mini skate spot. I shall do this with multiple snapshot sequences and create a range of clips ready to put together to create my final Photo Montage Animation.

No comments:

Post a Comment